Some TsGui downloads are currently being reported as viruses by Windows Defender. This only appears to be affecting versions 0.9.4.0, 0.9.3.3, and 0.9.3.2. It doesn’t appear to be an issue with the latest version (0.9.4.1).
I’ve checked the server and files over and from what I can see everything looks intact. I’m pretty confident Defender is just reporting a false positive, most likely because the executables aren’t signed.
I’m in the process of trying to sort out a code signing certificate for TsGui. By the looks of it I can get one cheap as it is an open source project, so fingers crossed this resolves the issue. I’ve also added the MD5 checksums to the download page, so you can verify the zip files you have downloaded.
**Update 9-Nov – Looks like the cert authority doesn’t have an option to sell to someone in New Zealand. I’ve sent an email to them but so far no response. I’ll keep trying.
In the meantime I’ve taken the precaution of pre-submitting TsGui to the MS malware submission page. Hopefully this is enough to stop the false positives. **
If anyone is having issues please let me know. I will keep you posted on signing the executables.